Country Lane red Hardie Plank with cedar casing (Before and After)
This recent project we completed in the Comox Valley features Country Lane Red Hardie Plank with cedar casing. Here on the coastline of Vancouver Island it is a preferred look, and one that we as professional siding contractors love to install.
Pros of Hardie Board Siding:
- Outstanding durability – Hardie Board siding withstands the elements with ease. It keeps looking amazing and performing its job of protecting your home in spite of its direct contact with the elements 24/7. It withstands rain, hail, high winds, storms, snow, ice, harsh humidity, and temperature changes. It resists moisture penetration, saving homeowners the hassles involved in repairs due to rotting, swelling, or warping.
- Eye-catching curb appeal – Hardie Board siding is beautiful and gives your home pleasing aesthetics with its variety of styles and colors. It makes your home stand out and can even look like wood siding, but it’s not, so you don’t have to be burdened with the high maintenance wood requires.
- Resists pests – Hardie Board siding resists pests including termites and carpenter ants. It’s also woodpecker resistant, so you don’t have to worry about the hassles of repairing termite or woodpecker damage.
- Unmatched warranty – James Hardie fiber cement siding gives homeowners a 30-year non-prorated warranty that is transferable. Other siding companies may decrease their warranty coverage on their siding products as the years after installation increase, but not the James Hardie company. And that’s a significant perk for homeowners. Additionally, James Hardie’s ColorPlus Technology is warrantied against peeling, chipping, and cracking for 15 years—including labor and materials.
- Highly customizable – The multiple styles of Hardie Board siding give you plenty of options from which to choose. Match your home’s architectural style and your personal preferences with your choice of Hardie Board siding styles. Create the look you love with the perfect color selection of James Hardie siding.
- Fire resistant – Fiber cement siding won’t contribute to a fire because it isn’t combustible. Other siding products like wood will actually fuel a fire. But Hardie Board siding gives you and your family the added protection to give you peace of mind about your safety in case of a fire.
- Environmentally friendly – James Hardie siding is the greenest siding brand in the industry because of it’s makeup and the James Hardie Company’s sustainable practices.
- Low maintenance – Hardie Board siding requires almost no maintenance year-round. Simply take your garden hose and a medium bristle nylon brush to clean it twice a year.